LEGO Le Mans Replica
It took 3 weeks, 40,000 bricks, and plenty of patience – it’s the LEGO version of the Ford GT that raced at the Le Mans 24 Hours.
At 1/3 the size of the real thing, the LEGO version went on display at Circuit de la Sarthe, in France, on 18-19 June, alongside a model of the classic Ford GT40 – a reminder that it is 50 years since that car scored it's historic 1-2-3 at the legendary race track.
Source: Ford Motor Co.
We recently shared that Aaron Vaccar was selected to pilot our 2015 SEMA Show Ford project Edge Sport on the 2016 Hot Rod Power Tour, on behalf of the SEMA Young Executive Network (read the blog post, here) - now, let's meet the rest of the YEN Power Tour team (and the vehicles).
- Aaron Vaccar (2015 Ford Edge Sport); The Aaron Vaccar Co., Florida
- Zachary Denney (1990 Toyota Supra); ECUMaster, Texas
- Nicholas Caloroso (2015 Ford Mustang); Diode Dynamics, Missouri
- Eric Ables (2014 Nissan GTR); Flat Twelve Gallery, Texas
- Todd Earsley (1969 Chevy Camaro); My Shop Assist, Texas
- Michael Phillips; Slam'd Mag, California
- Erika Klein; AutoAnything, California
- Jason Wieczorek; Motovicity Distribution, Michigan
- Darren Lane; Motor State Distributing, Michigan
- Jason Geathers; Nur Performance LLC, Florida
You can follow along with Aaron personally via his own social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), for the most update-to-date recaps from the road - and we'll try to keep you updated here on the Vaccar blog as well! Search the hashtags #YENpowertour & #HRPT16 to catch everyone's uploads throughout the entire journey!